- Two different sizes for outer diameter; ø28 and ø33
- Long operational life achieved by abrasion resistant friction plate
- Easy installation, no adjustment required
- Micro-sized unit with great braking torque
- Increased torque with a special power supply unit
- For prevention of displacement in servo positioning
- For prevention of natural fall of a nut of vertical ball screw
Brake actuated (when the coil is de-energized.)
When the coil is not energized, the movable plate, pushed by the spring, presses the friction plate against the fixed plate. This friction force puts a brake on the rotor hub and the rotary shaft.
Brake in release position (when the coil is energized)
When the coil is energized, the magnetic force overcomes the spring force and pulls the movable plate to the coil side, letting the friction plate rotate.
Mechanism of Palgen; a dedicated power supply unitAfter a coil as electromagnet pulls in a movable plate and releases the brake, the necessary electric power becomes less during the hold status compared to the time to start releasing. Palgen is a dedicated driving power supply that transmits huge electric power temporarily upon brake release, and reduces the power transmission during a hold state.
* A brake of Palgen spec. has stronger springs and a lower impedance coil for greater operation torque. Therefore, without using Palgen, it will overheat when just rated voltage is applied.
<Outside dimension of Palgen>
<Connection diagram of Palgen>
Thread depth 5
Thread depth 6
|Type||Non-Palgen spec.||Palgen spec.||Non-Palgen spec.||Palgen spec.|
|MB3( )A24||MB3( )P24||MB2( )A24||MB2( )P24|
|Max. instantaneous power||4W max. (instantaneous)||2.5W max. (instantaneous)|
|Power consumption||2.4W max.||1W max.||1.6W max.||0.7W max.|
|Static friction torque||20N⋅cm||36N⋅cm||16N⋅cm||25N⋅cm|
|Armature pull in time||40msec max.|
|Armature release time||10msec max.|
|Pull in voltage||20V or less|
|Release voltage||3V or more||10V or more||3V or more||10V or more|
|Moment of inertia||3.2g⋅cm2||1.7g⋅cm2|
|Insulation resistance||10MΩ or more with DC500V megger|
|Withstand voltage||1 min at AC1000V|
|Insulation classification||F type|
|Rotor hub bore diameter||ø6,ø7,ø8(H7)||ø3,ø4,ø5(H7)|
- Please take care to prevent water or oil from adhering to the friction surface.
- Please apply preventive measures against loosening to unit set screw.
- When installing the unit, make sure to place the rotor hub kept from being in contact with the movable plate.
COPYRIGHT(C) ASA ELECTRONICS INDUSTRY CO.,LTD